Ellie and Adam's Round the World Adventure

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Disneyland? Are you taking the Mickey?!

Leaving Hawaii with it´s sand and surf (and dead drop outs!) was hard and the next stage of our trip was the part that I really was not that excited about. America had never really interested me and it´s stereo typical Jerry Springer population tended to annoy me. Ellie had decided that we would go to Disney land for a few days which had not really done anything to excite me any more. One thing that I was looking forward to however was the car that we were hiring. Unlike our normal philosophy of hiring the smallest cheapest car that we could, we hired a huge and very powerful DODGE CHARGER (which still turned out to be the cheapest due to some crazy internet deal, wahooo!)

So our first day in America was spent in LA driving the very large Dodge Charger to Disneyland. Now as you can probably tell I´m not much of a fan of Mickey Mouse and all that Disney stuff. That was until I had walked halfway down Main Street, played on the penny arcade and met Mary Poppins. I don´t quite know what came over me but I just walked up to her and Burt, said ¨Hello¨ and had my picture taken with them. So from that point on I was having a great time and thought that Disneyland was amazing! To make things even better there were very few people in the parks so the ques were pretty short and we got to meet Buzz Lightyear!










So with my dislike of Disney conquered it was time to turn to the rest of America. Driving in to LA had been something that I was dreading as everyone we´d met that had been there had stories of getting lost, hundreds of highways and terrible one way streets. In reality it was easy and we drove straight onto Hollywood Boulevard and started our star spotting! (the ones in the pavement not real ones or anything!). We found ourselves outside Manns Chinese Theatre (this is the place of course where all of the Hollywood premiers are held, I knew that!) and went about trying to see who´s hand prints in the concrete were the biggest.


I discovered that Arnold Swartz....(ect) has smaller hands than me, but didn´t get much further through the stars as I was getting in too many peoples photos!

One down side was that Beckham was not getting to LA until after we had left. That´s a shame because he would of course have invited us both over for dinner!





In general I was discovering that America was actually OK, but I still needed further convincing, so, we got in the ¨Charger¨ and headed for San Fransisco. You can picture all of the songs that we were singing along the way, California dreaming, If you´re going to San Fransisco, Do you know the way to San Jose (just south of SF). There are many, many more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home