Ellie and Adam's Round the World Adventure

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Our Motorbike Adventure - The End!

ELLIE - Our final proper days driving was amazing. We drove along the Tam Tron Pass which at over 1000m is the highest mountain pass in Vietnam and the views were simply stunning.

ADAM – I loved this day on the bikes, the sun was blazing and the roads were all winding and cliff edged with countless hairpin bends and the most stunning views to look at as we rode along. At one point I let my mind wonder to what I would be doing if I was back in England. After a quick laughing fit about work I concentrated back on the roads and the views (sorry to rub it in).

The route that we had followed supposedly goes though some of the coldest areas of Vietnam and this time of year is supposed to be the worst. With this in mind we packed all of our coats and thermal gear ready for the big chill. However, the chill never happened as the sun blazed down every day and the only time we even needed our thin coats were when we rode at night and during the high mountain pass. The effect of packing all this warm gear meant that my razor didn’t get packed and I am now sporting a very interesting red beard which Ells thinks is very, very attractive and the locals in the villages are bemused by (along with my arm and leg hair!).

During our trip we have ridden through some amazing villages and met some great local people, all have been so friendly and made us feel really welcome.

ELLIE - Our Motorbike Adventure completely exceeded all my expectations. I am amazed at just how much I have enjoyed the past week and was a bit sad when they loaded my bike onto the train back to Hanoi - a move which marked the end of our journey.

Arriving back in Hanoi we were once again faced with crazy traffic. People driving on the wrong side of road, blaring horns and generally following no rules at all! Not quite the peace and quiet we had become so accustomed to!

ADAM - This has definately been the best thing we have done since leaving Africa. For me, the only down side to this trip has been that it had to end!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home