Ellie and Adam's Round the World Adventure

Friday, November 17, 2006

Can you cut with scissors?


Hi!

I didn't have time to update the blog with all of the things that had happened last time so here is the next instalment!

After several weeks (8) of hair growth I finally bit the bullet and went and got my hair cut. There are lots of places to get your hair cut here, however there are several complications. 1 They are all little wooden shaks that are on the side of the road. 2 They never have Mzungu men in so they are not sure how to cut straight hair. 3 there is a chance that you will get scabies from the hair cutting equipment. All said my head was getting too hot and it had to be done!

I found a small "salon" that looked clean and went for it. All of the equipment was disinfected prior to the hair cut, so no scabbies (how kind!). The "hairdresser" got the clippers and went to shave a bald line down the middle of my head. I was on my toes and managed to thwart his attempt. I managed to comunicate that I wanted my hair cut with scissors. He routed around in a draw and came back with a rusty pair (they will have to do!). I should have known better!! He walked behind me with them and just took a random hack at my hair twice, that was enough for me to realise that I was about to be scalped! So I played it safe and got him to shave my head all over grade 4. Much safer and cooler for me.

It was a hair raising experience! (BOOM BOOM!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home